curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Force leader
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 17:20:37 GMT
I’d need more details to answer concretely. But, this sounds like a simple lock. Have the
process that wants to be leader acquire an InterProcessMutex.

-JZ

From: Corey Nolet cjnolet@gmail.com
Reply: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
Date: May 21, 2014 at 12:12:35 PM
To: user user@curator.apache.org
Subject:  Force leader

I have a cluster which is electing a single leader to perform operations on a node until the
node is deemed to be unhealthy. At this time, the leader revokes itself and another leader
is elected to perform the operations.

There are times, however, when I need the ability to force a specific leader. How would I
implement something like this? I really don't want to have to cascade through all the other
nodes and tell them to revoke their leadership because they will each try to run some initialization
upon becoming the leader and that would waste resources.

Any ideas?

Thanks!