curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Query LeaderSelection state
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 13:35:25 GMT
LeaderSelector has the methods getLeader() and getParticipants(). These don’t solve your
problem?

-Jordan

From: Corey Nolet cjnolet@gmail.com
Reply: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
Date: April 4, 2014 at 10:26:41 PM
To: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
Subject:  Query LeaderSelection state

Hello,

I'm trying to use Curator to implement a high-availability mechanism whereby a few different
systems run Curator's LeaderSelector recipe. If one fails, It's expected that one of the other
systems will pick up right where the other left off. These systems are servers, however, and
I need to find a way to have a client know which system is the leader at some point. As far
as I can tell, the recipe does not provide any classes that allow me to query the current
leader for a specific namespace.

Thanks!