curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Noticing a curator memory/thread leak
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:55:57 GMT
Wow - that’s really hard to say. What version of Curator? I seem to recall some threading
bugs fixed over the years.

-JZ

From: David Greenberg dsg123456789@gmail.com
Reply: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
Date: March 31, 2014 at 3:53:48 PM
To: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
Subject:  Noticing a curator memory/thread leak

I have been noticing that my application seems to be leaking curator threads and CuratorFrameworkImpls.

These leak at around 10-200 per day.

I create 2 curators in my application--one is from Datomic, and the other is used for a LeaderLatch.
I can see that the LeaderLatch and Datomic instance each retain a single curator reference;
however, I see hundreds of curators that are kept around along with their Executors, which
ends up draining a lot of resources.

I'm using an older version of Curator--was this or is this a problem before? Is it a Curator
bug, or a bug in my code that uses it?

Thank you,
David