curator-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Phillips" <br...@etinternational.com>
Subject Re: Curator barriers missing watch events
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 22:51:02 GMT
Hmm, I made that change, but it didn't seem to help. The first program made it to the barrier
enter, then the second program entered, exited, and the first program never left the barrier.

The second program got a node created event, but the first program never got any event from
its watcher.

I appreciate the help! Must be something else.

_B

> On Mar 25, 2014, at 6:28 PM, "Jordan Zimmerman" <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>
> Look at line 313 and line 331. The noarg version of enter() causes internalEnter() to
call wait even though the watcher may have already notified. I believe line 331 should be:

> 	else if ( !hasBeenNotified.get() )
>
> -JZ
>

> From: Brian Phillips brian@etinternational.com
> Reply: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
> Date: March 25, 2014 at 5:25:48 PM
> To: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
> Subject:  Re: Curator barriers missing watch events
>
>> I am using the no arg version! What's the bug?
>>
>> _B
>>
>> On Mar 25, 2014, at 6:23 PM, "Jordan Zimmerman" <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>
wrote:

>>> Which version of enter() are you using? I see a potential bug when the no arg
version of enter() is used.

>>> From: Brian Phillips brian@etinternational.com
>>> Reply: Brian Phillips brian@etinternational.com
>>> Date: March 25, 2014 at 4:19:36 PM
>>> To: Jordan Zimmerman jordan@jordanzimmerman.com
>>> Subject:  Re: Curator barriers missing watch events

executing the barrier code. It seems to be some kind of race condition I think, as sometimes
it work and sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve looked through the recipe code and it looks good
as far as I can tell though. I’m practically pulling my hair out at this point.

Or I may start trying to debug the zookeeper client, see if its actually getting the watches
but not delivering them.

or LOST then you’d need to reinitialize your barrier.

the same manor, each makes a connection then loops over barriers with a Thread.sleep(random)
in-between. This run indefinitely and everything works out fine.

where each guy tries to increment it until it hits a memberQty. This too missed watch events
and does not work properly.

of my program has broken zookeepers watch events somehow. Is there any good way to debug watch
events in general? I’ve tried to look at the DEBUG output for my zookeeper server log, but
it looks the same for the working vs non-working barriers...

what I know). So, there may well be a bug. If you could get a test to show the problem that
would be ideal.

recently run into an issue I just can’t seem to make sense of.

their own curator connection. At the beginning of my program I’m using the DistributedDoubleBarrier
recipe, and once again at the end of my program. A bunch of work is done in-between, including
zookeeper set/get/watches of other nodes.

making it through. The job-end barrier, sometimes everyone gets through, but more often than
not one of the programs hangs in enter's wait(), and never gets the watch event for the ready
path which notifies it to proceed. If I look in zookeeper, I can see that the ready path is
actually set in there.

only ever call enter() and not leave(). Both barriers have their own separate path.

It just sleeps infinitely after it gets out of the final barrier.

up zookeeper/curator code to insert my own debugging statements if it comes to that.