curator-user mailing list archives

From Brian Phillips <br...@etinternational.com>
Subject Curator barriers missing watch events
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:38:01 GMT
Hi guys,

I’ve been integrating curator into my project and have recently run into an issue I just
can’t seem to make sense of.

I’m running two JVMs on the same host machine, each with their own curator connection. At
the beginning of my program I’m using the DistributedDoubleBarrier recipe, and once again
at the end of my  program. A bunch of work is done in-between, including zookeeper set/get/watches
of other nodes.

I’m finding that the first double barrier, everyone always making it through. The job-end
barrier, sometimes everyone gets through, but more often than not one of the programs hangs
in enter's wait(), and never gets the watch event for the ready path which notifies it to
proceed. If I look in zookeeper, I can see that the ready path is actually set in there.

It would seem that the watch for one of the programs just never triggers.

To simplify debugging, I’ve set both double barriers to only ever call enter() and not leave().
Both barriers have their own separate path.

Also, the program never shuts down or disconnects from zookeeper. It just sleeps infinitely
after it gets out of the final barrier.

Any idea on how to debug this issue? I don’t mind hacking up zookeeper/curator code to insert
my own debugging statements if it comes to that.

_Brian=