curator-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Phillips" <br...@etinternational.com>
Subject Re: Curator barriers missing watch events
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 22:25:02 GMT
I am using the no arg version! What's the bug?

_B

> On Mar 25, 2014, at 6:23 PM, "Jordan Zimmerman" <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>
> Which version of enter() are you using? I see a potential bug when the no arg version
of enter() is used.

> From: Brian Phillips brian@etinternational.com
> Reply: Brian Phillips brian@etinternational.com
> Date: March 25, 2014 at 4:19:36 PM
> To: Jordan Zimmerman jordan@jordanzimmerman.com
> Subject:  Re: Curator barriers missing watch events
>
>> Good idea, but yes I am. The connection state doesn’t change while I’m executing
the barrier code. It seems to be some kind of race condition I think, as sometimes it work
and sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve looked through the recipe code and it looks good as far
as I can tell though. I’m practically pulling my hair out at this point.

>> I may try a non-curator zookeeper only barrier tomorrow. See if that works. Or I
may start trying to debug the zookeeper client, see if its actually getting the watches but
not delivering them.

>> _B
>>
>>> On Mar 25, 2014, at 4:54 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>
wrote:

>>> Are you setting a ConnectionStateListener? If the connection gets SUSPENDED or
LOST then you’d need to reinitialize your barrier.

>>> -JZ
>>>

>>> From: Brian Phillips brian@etinternational.com
>>> Reply: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
>>> Date: March 25, 2014 at 2:51:42 PM
>>> To: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
>>> Subject:  Re: Curator barriers missing watch events

manor, each makes a connection then loops over barriers with a Thread.sleep(random) in-between.
This run indefinitely and everything works out fine.

each guy tries to increment it until it hits a memberQty. This too missed watch events and
does not work properly.

my program has broken zookeepers watch events somehow. Is there any good way to debug watch
events in general? I’ve tried to look at the DEBUG output for my zookeeper server log, but
it looks the same for the working vs non-working barriers...

know). So, there may well be a bug. If you could get a test to show the problem that would
be ideal.

run into an issue I just can’t seem to make sense of.

own curator connection. At the beginning of my program I’m using the DistributedDoubleBarrier
recipe, and once again at the end of my program. A bunch of work is done in-between, including
zookeeper set/get/watches of other nodes.

it through. The job-end barrier, sometimes everyone gets through, but more often than not
one of the programs hangs in enter's wait(), and never gets the watch event for the ready
path which notifies it to proceed. If I look in zookeeper, I can see that the ready path is
actually set in there.

call enter() and not leave(). Both barriers have their own separate path.

It just sleeps infinitely after it gets out of the final barrier.

code to insert my own debugging statements if it comes to that.