curator-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Phillips" <br...@etinternational.com>
Subject Re: Curator barriers missing watch events
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 19:32:13 GMT
So I'm still working on this issue. I grabbed a zookeeper only barrier implementation from
here:

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperTutorial.html

This barrier makes it's own zookeeper connection separately from the curator connection that
my program uses. When I put this barrier into my program, everything works as it should, and
nobody gets stuck on the barriers. I then modified the barrier to use curators connection,
passing in CuratorFramework.getZookeeperClient().getZooKeeper() instead of connecting separately.
Once I did this, it breaks exactly as it did before when using the curator barrier.

This seems to indicate to me that something else I've done in the program has 'broken' the
zookeeper session associated with my curator connection, to the point where some watch events
no longer work.

I'm going to embark on the arduous process of trying to figure out what I'm doing thats breaking
my sessions watches. Watches not working properly is disturbing, and will certainly prevent
other parts of my program from functioning correctly, probably in less obvious ways.

_Brian=
  _____