curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Static/Permanent service type
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 02:38:04 GMT
This sounds like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-81 which is fixed in 2.4.1
which will be released any day now. Let me know if it’s something different.

-JZ

From: Huang, Ying-Yi Huang, Ying-Yi
Reply: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
Date: February 6, 2014 at 6:33:47 PM
To: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
Subject:  Static/Permanent service type
When I use service discovery Java API to register a service instance, the service type default
is dynamic. The service instance node is ephemeral in ZooKeeper so the node is deleted when
the program exits. However, if I set the service type to static or permanent, the node is
still deleted when the program exits. At ZooKeeper, the node created is not ephemeral though.
I am wondering if this is by design. Is there any way to create static/permanent service with
Java API? Or they can only be created with RESTFul API though x-discover-server.

Thanks,
Ying-Yi