curator-user mailing list archives

From "Huang, Ying-Yi" <yhu...@etrade.com>
Subject Re: Static/Permanent service type
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 18:29:10 GMT
Not really. Instance cleanup is part of x-discovery-server.  When create a service node of
static from Java API, there is no parameter for refreshing time. Nor there is cleanup object.
 A general question is that are all three types of services supported in Java API and RESTFul
API? Here is the summary from my tests:

Java API,
-  Dynamic service works.  An ephemeral node is created at ZK.
- Static/Permanent service doesn't work.  Normal node is created at ZK but get deleted when
program exits.

RESTFul API,
- Not able to create dynamic service node. Got error

Caused by: com.sun.jersey.api.client.UniformInterfaceException: PUT http://localhost:51234/v1/service/staticSvc/8193610a-bdd6-4c2f-a9ec-6dc7c89b8679
returned a response status of 400 Bad Request

- Static and permanent work fine.

Thanks,
Ying-Yi

On Feb 6, 2014, at 6:38 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com<mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>>