curator-user mailing list archives

From "Huang, Ying-Yi" <yhu...@etrade.com>
Subject Static/Permanent service type
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 23:33:00 GMT
When I use service discovery Java API to register a service instance, the service type default
is dynamic.  The service instance node is ephemeral in ZooKeeper so the node is deleted when
the program exits.  However, if I set the service type to static or permanent, the node is
still deleted when the program exits. At ZooKeeper, the node created is not ephemeral though.
  I am wondering if this is by design.  Is there any way to create static/permanent service
with Java API? Or they can only be created with RESTFul API though x-discover-server.

Thanks,
Ying-Yi