curator-user mailing list archives

From "Lavoie, John L" <john.lav...@optum.com>
Subject Path Cache Recipe and traversing child nodes
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 21:04:19 GMT
Hi,

I'm brand new to Zookeeper and am trying Curator to help get a jump start.  I'm looking through
the curator recipes and the Path Cache seems like a really good fit for me.

I want to post the state of my currently executing Cascading jobs to zookeeper so that we
can centrally query them from a different system.  The znode hierarchy might look something
like this:

/my/app/
-/otherdata/
-/jobstatus/
--/activejob1
--/activejob2

I've set up a PathChildrenCache instance to monitor /my/app/ and I'm not seeing any updates
when I write values to the jobstatus node.  I need to change my reading app to monitor /my/app/jobstatus.
 It looks like the PathChildrenCache and the Path Cache recipe are not capable of iterating
over children within the main node that it is monitoring.  Is that true? Is there a way around
this without having to monitor multiple nodes for updates or is that an inherent design to
Curator/ZK?

I don't even see an easy way to traverse the child nodes through the PathCache Example if
I try to change the list() method to recursively walk the tree.  I must be missing something
in the API here, right?

John Lavoie