curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on adding JMX support to the the leadership selector?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 17:48:03 GMT
It’s a nice idea. If done, I’d like to see it as a kind of plugin that any recipe could
take advantage of.

-Jordan

From: Ryan Gardner Ryan Gardner
Reply: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
Date: January 28, 2014 at 12:45:33 PM
To: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
Subject:  Thoughts on adding JMX support to the the leadership selector?
I've set up something internally where I expose some of the LeadershipSelector methods via
jmx so that I can easily tell a node to relinquish leadership or check the hasLeadership attribute
to verify that has the leadership status.

I don't think it would be very hard to create a patch for the LeadershipSelector (and LeadershipLatch)
to expose those things as mbeans directly.

Has anyone considered doing this before?

Exposing the ability to see values for current leader / state  and to perform an "interrupt
leadership" or "requeue" or "shutdown" the LeadershipSelector are very convenient.

I can write up and submit a patch (with tests etc) implementing this if there is any interest.

Ryan