curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse code formatter for Curator?
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:07:53 GMT
Gradle is fine for simple things, but it quickly becomes Ant-like when you need to do complicated
things. Also, with Maven, you get the great ecosystem. There's a plugin for anything you might
want. For example, the Curator website was done using Maven Doxia.

-Jordan

On Dec 9, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jordan,
> By the way, why the move away from Gradle? Is Maven the Apache standard? I much prefer
Gradle myself.
> cheers
>

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>
wrote:
> I use IntelliJ. I could export my code style, but it’s funky. I reformat patches anyway,
so don’t worry about it.

> -Jordan
>
> On Dec 9, 2013, at 8:40 PM, Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've just implemented a fix for CURATOR-33, but my automatic code formatting in Eclipse
is completely different to the Curator standard. Does anyone have the Curator code standards
exported from Eclipse?

>> Would make my life a lot easier than either modifying files by hand, or trying to
reverse engineer the code standards.