curator-user mailing list archives

From "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <kulkarni.swar...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about InterProcessReadWriteLock
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:53:06 GMT
Hello,

So we are using InterProcessReadWriteLock[1] to get a distributed lock on a
file on HDFS to prevent concurrent modifications. However in very rare
cases (1 in 100), we see that the file does get touched at the same time
causing corruption of the file. I was wondering what could be causing this.
We are currently using 1.1.3 version of curator-recipes. Also another thing
to note is that currently we have not implemented the
ConnectionStateListener. Could that be a possible reason for this behavior?
Or is there a bug in curator somewhere for this version which might be
causing this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Swarnim