curator-user mailing list archives

From John Vines <vi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple consumers on a single server - strange behavior.
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2013 17:23:10 GMT
I don't know the finer details, but I'm not surprised by your results.
Having 15 consumers of a single, highly synchronous queue is hard to
maintain, so it makes sense that each consumer would spend more time
idling. I think ultimately you want to scale the number of consumers to the
complexity of the processing that gets done after an item is removed from
the queue, not arbitrarily scaling up.