curator-user mailing list archives

From Robert Hodges <robert.hod...@continuent.com>
Subject Re: Apache Curator Newbie question
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:47:12 GMT
Hi Techy,

Look in the sample code also provided with the source builds.  Here's one that shows how leadership
works:

curator-examples/src/main/java/leader/ExampleClient.java

By-the-by I think you will really like Curator.  It is the library at least some of us started
to write the first time we used Zookeeper's native APIs.  Kudos to the dev team on a job well
done.

Cheers, Robert Hodges

On Nov 6, 2013, at 10:28 AM PST, Jordan Zimmerman wrote:

> Sorry - we're in the process of going to Top Level and some of the links are in transition.
The examples are here:

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=curator.git;a=tree;f=curator-examples/src/main/java
>
> On Nov 6, 2013, at 10:24 AM, Techy Teck <comptechgeeky@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have recently started using Apache Zookeeper and I was thinking I should start
using Apache Curator library for Zookeeper.

>> I am trying to see some basic examples which can help me understand how to connect
to Zookeeper using Curator, how to create perepheral nodes/ephemeralnodes/sequence nodes using
curator and also how to keep a watch on some nodes using Curator..