curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Best Practice while creating znodes?
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:57:10 GMT
There are very few limitations on naming. You can't use a slash. Have a look at:

	org.apache.zookeeper.common.PathUtils

In terms of length, ZooKeeper has a 1MB limit per API call. So, for example, if you call getChildren(),
the entire length of all the children can't exceed 1MB (unless you reconfigure ZK).

-JZ