curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Question about InterProcessReadWriteLock
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 19:09:22 GMT
A few things:

* You should update to the latest (Apache) version

* You MUST implement a ConnectionStateListener and watch for connection problems. See: http://curator.apache.org/errors.html

-Jordan

On Nov 21, 2013, at 7:53 AM, kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> So we are using InterProcessReadWriteLock[1] to get a distributed lock on a file on HDFS
to prevent concurrent modifications. However in very rare cases (1 in 100), we see that the
file does get touched at the same time causing corruption of the file. I was wondering what
could be causing this. We are currently using 1.1.3 version of curator-recipes. Also another
thing to note is that currently we have not implemented the ConnectionStateListener. Could
that be a possible reason for this behavior? Or is there a bug in curator somewhere for this
version which might be causing this?