curator-user mailing list archives

From Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Curator namespaces
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 00:34:00 GMT
I've had a bit more of a look into this and I think that the problem is in
the Watcher() implementation in the CuratorFrameworkImpl() constructor that
takes a Builder as an argument. When it processes a WatchedEvent it removes
the namespace from the event path

unfixForNamespace(watchedEvent.getPath();

In the case where you've defined the namespace in the builder, this removes
the namespace prefix. In the case where you're using the NamespaceFacade,
the namespace of the CuratorFramework instance is null (because it wasn't
defined in the builder), so the namespace is not stripped off the event.

I guess this is a bug, but I'm not sure what the correct fix is? The
easiest fix is to just not strip the namespace in both cases. To strip the
namespace in the NamespaceFacade case will be quite tricky I presume
because you've got a single Watcher interface handling potentially acting
as the backend for multiple NamespaceFacade instances.

I'll add a ticket to Jira.
cheers
Cam