curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Curator namespaces
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 00:50:10 GMT
As I recall, CuratorFrameworkFactory sets the namespace differently than when you call CuratorFramework.usingNamespace.
I'd change the Factory to create the CuratorFramework and then call usingNamespace on the
created instance so that they match.

-JZ

On Oct 20, 2013, at 5:47 PM, Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> wrote:

> TIcket is Curator-68
>
> If you have a direction as to how you'd like to proceed with the fix, I can probably
help out if you like.

> cheers
> Cam
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had a bit more of a look into this and I think that the problem is in the Watcher()
implementation in the CuratorFrameworkImpl() constructor that takes a Builder as an argument.
When it processes a WatchedEvent it removes the namespace from the event path

> unfixForNamespace(watchedEvent.getPath();
>
> In the case where you've defined the namespace in the builder, this removes the namespace
prefix. In the case where you're using the NamespaceFacade, the namespace of the CuratorFramework
instance is null (because it wasn't defined in the builder), so the namespace is not stripped
off the event.

> I guess this is a bug, but I'm not sure what the correct fix is? The easiest fix is to
just not strip the namespace in both cases. To strip the namespace in the NamespaceFacade
case will be quite tricky I presume because you've got a single Watcher interface handling
potentially acting as the backend for multiple NamespaceFacade instances.

> I'll add a ticket to Jira.
> cheers
> Cam
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will do, I'll double check I'm not doing something stupid first though.
> cheers
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>
wrote:
> If I understand what you're saying that would be a bug. If you can, please provide a
test case and open an issue in Jira.

> -Jordan
>
> On Oct 20, 2013, at 4:52 PM, Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Not sure if I'm missing something, but it appears that there is a difference in
functionality between defining a namespace during using the CuratorFrameworkFactory.builder().namespace("bla")
method, and calling usingNamespace("bla") on an instance of the CuratorFramework itself.

> > Both seem to create nodes correctly in ZooKeeper, but the paths for the events are
inconsistent. If you using the Builder approach, the paths in the events do not include the
namespace. If you use the CuratorFramework usingNamespace() approach, then the namespaces
do appear in the event path.