curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: PathChildrenCachebehaviour when reconnected
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:00:04 GMT
OK - I understand now.

You are correct, if there has been a disconnect event, when you reconnect you have no guarantee
for consistency. Consistency will occur eventually. Over the next few minutes after reconnection
consistency will be achieved and corresponding ADD/UPDATE/REMOVE messages sent.

-JZ

On Sep 26, 2013, at 8:42 AM, Evaristo José Camarero <evaristo.camarero@yahoo.es> wrote:

> Thanks for the fast answer.
>
> Is the POST_INITIALIZED_EVENT triggered  on RECONNECTION? I thought it was only available
during the FIRST CONNECTION

> Let me repeat what I have understand to be sure it is right
>
> After some period connected, when Curator framework  is DISCONNECTED (e.g. network issue),
the cache will be non updated (e.g. some changes in the nodes). Once the ZK client RECONNECTS,
the cache triggers the RECONNECTED event, BUT I do not have guarantee when the RECONNECTED
event is received that cache has finished its sync with ZK. Is that OK?

> I assume that after RECONNECTION the cache will be updated and other events (child added,
removed, changed) will be triggered. IS that OK?