curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: PersistentEphemeralNode possible bug
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 17:11:01 GMT
Yes, that would definitely be a bug. Please open an issue (with a complete test if possible)
at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR

On Sep 5, 2013, at 8:14 AM, Evaristo José Camarero <evaristo.camarero@yahoo.es> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am using the PersistentEphemeralNode, and I have noticed that it is needed to make
it work assure that the PersistentEphemeralNode instance started when the CuratorFramework
is connected. Otherwise it looks that the recipee does not work

> For instance this sequence is not working:
>
> // ZK servers are not started here
> ExponentialBackoffRetry retryPolicy = new ExponentialBackoffRetry(1000, 1, 2000);
> CuratorFramework zkClient = CuratorFrameworkFactory.newClient("127.0.0.1:30101",
>
> 4500,
> 4500,
> retryPolicy);
> zkClient.start();
> Thread.sleep(2000);
>
> PersistentEphemeralNode pen = new PersistentEphemeralNode(zkClient, Mode.EPHEMERAL, "/abc/pen",
"hello".getBytes());
> Thread.sleep(2000);
>
> // Start ZK servers here
> Thread.sleep(2000);
> // "/abc/pen" ephemeral node is not created
>
> Is this a bug? Is it assumed that a connection listener should be used to start the PersistentEphemeralNode
when the zkclient is connected?