curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: PathChildrenCache and event order
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:55:07 GMT
You won't see every create event. Here's a scenario:

Client 1 has a watch on "/foo". Any client creates "/foo/bar". Client 1 will get a watch notification
for "/foo/bar". Before Client 1 resets the watch, another Client 2 creates "/foo/two" and
deletes it. Client 1 will never know about "/foo/two".

NOTE: there are other similar scenarios.

-JZ

On Sep 24, 2013, at 9:50 AM, Benjamin Jaton <bjaton@radiantlogic.com> wrote:

> About "you cannot reliably see every change that happens to a node in ZooKeeper", in
my case I only use create events which I believe ZooKeeper