curator-user mailing list archives

From Ross Black <ross.w.bl...@gmail.com>
Subject newbie question: SharedValue vs NodeCache
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 07:04:02 GMT
Hi,

I have just started using curator and was trying to pick between using
SharedValue and NodeCache for solving a problem.

I need to periodically publish a value (a JodaTime Date object, or a long
is ok) so that all interested processes receive a new value.  Publishing a
new value is infrequent (each 30 mins or so).  Reading the value is
frequent (100times/sec).  Both SharedValue and NodeCache look similar - is
there any reason I should pick one over the other?

Thanks for any pointers,
Ross