curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Status about two major bugs CURATOR-3 and CURATOR-45
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 20:04:24 GMT
I replied in the Jira comments. I'd like to keep the comments there so there's a nice thread/record
of it.

-Jordan

On Aug 6, 2013, at 4:39 PM, chao chu <chuchao333@gmail.com> wrote:

> which reply you mentioned? Did you see my last mail? in the latest code, in the 'reset'
method, the callback of the 'create' node, it will check if the state is 'CLOSED' and it will
delete the created node if so by calling 'setNode(null)', Did I miss sth?

> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 4:01 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
> I replied on the thread. I believe the steps in the description can cause the problem
as described.
> -JZ
>

> On Aug 3, 2013, at 6:06 AM, chao chu <chuchao333@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> By checking the code again, I thought the issue mentioned in the description of CURATOR-3
should have already been fixed.

)
>>                 {
>>                     setNode(event.getName());
>>                     if ( state.get() == State.CLOSED )
>>                     {
>>                         setNode(null);
>>                     }
>>                     else
>>                     {
>>                         getChildren();
>>                     }
>>                 }
>>                 else
>>                 {
>>                     log.error("getChildren() failed. rc = " + event.getResultCode());
>>                 }
>> on creating the node successfully, in that callback, it will check the state again
and if it's already 'CLOSED', it will call setNode(null), thus the node will be created. The
earlier code doesn't have this check, I checked the latest version (1.3.4) back to the netflix
age, the code is like below:

the issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-3 then.

>>> Cheers,
>>>

>>> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM, Michael Morello <michael.morello@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Both have a high priority (at least in JIRA), let's go for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-45
>>>

>>> 2013/8/1 Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>
>>>
>>> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Michael Morello <michael.morello@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> I volunteer to (try to) help on one of these two problems, Jordan, which one
is best suited for a first contribution ?