curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Status about two major bugs CURATOR-3 and CURATOR-45
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 20:01:07 GMT
I replied on the thread. I believe the steps in the description can cause the problem as described.

-JZ

On Aug 3, 2013, at 6:06 AM, chao chu <chuchao333@gmail.com> wrote:

> By checking the code again, I thought the issue mentioned in the description of CURATOR-3
should have already been fixed.

> in the callback of the 'create' node operation in 'reset':
>
>                 if ( event.getResultCode() == KeeperException.Code.OK.intValue() )
>                 {
>                     setNode(event.getName());
>                     if ( state.get() == State.CLOSED )
>                     {
>                         setNode(null);
>                     }
>                     else
>                     {
>                         getChildren();
>                     }
>                 }
>                 else
>                 {
>                     log.error("getChildren() failed. rc = " + event.getResultCode());
>                 }
> on creating the node successfully, in that callback, it will check the state again and
if it's already 'CLOSED', it will call setNode(null), thus the node will be created. The earlier
code doesn't have this check, I checked the latest version (1.3.4) back to the netflix age,
the code is like below:

>                 if ( event.getResultCode() == KeeperException.Code.OK.intValue() )
>                 {
>                     setNode(event.getName());
>                     getChildren();
>                 }
>
> Could you please take a look at this and maybe you can close the issue if it's the case.
Thanks

issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-3 then.

>> Cheers,
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM, Michael Morello <michael.morello@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Both have a high priority (at least in JIRA), let's go for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-45
>>

>> 2013/8/1 Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Michael Morello <michael.morello@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> I volunteer to (try to) help on one of these two problems, Jordan, which one is best
suited for a first contribution ?