curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: newbie question: SharedValue vs NodeCache
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 19:48:50 GMT
SharedValue behaves more like an atomic operation. NodeCache is a cache for a node. To be honest,
I totally forgot about SharedValue! I have a terrible problem with memory (not kidding). These
recipes were written at different times and probably could be merged at some point.

-JZ

On Aug 6, 2013, at 12:04 AM, Ross Black <ross.w.black@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just started using curator and was trying to pick between using SharedValue and
NodeCache for solving a problem.

> I need to periodically publish a value (a JodaTime Date object, or a long is ok) so that
all interested processes receive a new value.  Publishing a new value is infrequent (each
30 mins or so).  Reading the value is frequent (100times/sec).  Both SharedValue and NodeCache
look similar - is there any reason I should pick one over the other?