curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Leader Latch recovery after suspended state
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:05:20 GMT
Yes, I was suggesting how to patch Curator.

On Aug 20, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Calvin Jia <jia.calvin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Currently this is not supported in the Curator library, but the Curator library (specifically
leader latch's reset method) is the correct/logical place to add this feature if I want it?

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>
wrote:
> On reset() it could check to see if its node still exists. It would make the code a lot
more complicated though.

> -JZ
>
> On Aug 20, 2013, at 10:25 AM, Calvin Jia <jia.calvin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A leader latch enters the suspended state after failing to receive a response from
the first ZK machine it heartbeats to (takes 2 thirds of the timeout). For the last 1 third,
it tries to contact another ZK machine. If it is successful, it will enter the state reconnected.

>> However, on reconnect, despite the fact the original node it created in ZK is still
there, it will create another ephemeral-sequential node (the reset method is called). This
means it will relinquish leadership, if there is another machine with a latch in the same
path.