curator-user mailing list archives

From chao chu <chuchao...@gmail.com>
Subject Instructions on setting 'ConnectionTimeout'
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 14:52:20 GMT
Hi,

I remembered I had read somewhere that 'connection timeout' in curator has
its own concept and has a separate value from zk's session timeout.

It's not clear from the existing docs/articles/mail threads that what's the
*rationale* behind this. From the code, it seems that connection timeout is
used to determine (the min value from the two timeouts) when to try to see
if there are updates among the participants of the ensemble?

so 'ConnectionsTimeout' should be normally smaller than session timeout?
the current default values in curator for connection timeout is 15s, and
session timeout is 60s, shall we follow the ratio? Or we just set the value
according to our own experience?

Thanks & Regards,

--
ChuChao