curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Watching children changes
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:40:33 GMT
> What is the performance impact of having for example thousands of watchers?

It's an important consideration. This question might be better for the ZK list, BTW. I know
that Facebook is working on a general watcher capability - i.e. notify me of everything. But,
I don't know what its status is.

-JZ

On Jul 17, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Benjamin Jaton <bjaton@radiantlogic.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to be notified of a change on any of the children of a znode (could be a
lot of them).

> AFAIK to achieve this we need to set a watcher on each child and then also watch the
parent to be aware of children addition/deletion and add/remove watchers accordingly. Is that
correct?