curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Instructions on setting 'ConnectionTimeout'
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 15:33:45 GMT
In ZooKeeper, you must wait for SysConnected before making any API method calls. Curator handles
this internally. The connection timeout defines how long Curator will wait for the SysConnected
before throwing ConnectionLossException.

I hope this helps.

-Jordan

On Jul 8, 2013, at 7:52 AM, chao chu <chuchao333@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I remembered I had read somewhere that 'connection timeout' in curator has its own concept
and has a separate value from zk's session timeout.

> It's not clear from the existing docs/articles/mail threads that what's the rationale
behind this. From the code, it seems that connection timeout is used to determine (the min
value from the two timeouts) when to try to see if there are updates among the participants
of the ensemble?

> so 'ConnectionsTimeout' should be normally smaller than session timeout? the current
default values in curator for connection timeout is 15s, and session timeout is 60s, shall
we follow the ratio? Or we just set the value according to our own experience?