curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: CuratorFramework is not recovering connecion with ZK
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:06:09 GMT
Curator uses the timeouts given when the CuratorFramework object is created to manage the connection.
In this instance, after LOST has been received Curator may wait until session timeout before
trying to re-create the ZooKeeper object. I'm enclosing a modified version of your test that
sets the Curator timeouts to half the time that the test's sleeps wait and you can see that
Curator recovers correctly.

-Jordan

On Jun 14, 2013, at 7:22 AM, Evaristo José Camarero <evaristo.camarero@yahoo.es> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have found a case in which CuratorFramework is not recovering connection with ZK servers.
>
> The use case is the following:
> - Start ZK servers
> - Start application with CuratorFramework
> - ZK servers goes down.
> - ZK servers start again.
> - CuratorFramework app it is not notified that connection is reconnected , but neither
notifies that can not recover connection in any way, so application can not recover. Only
option is to restart the app.
> Notice that if CuratorFRamework client is not making any transaction (just comment create()
TX), the client is able to reconnect.