curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Will the latest curator work with zookeeper 3.3.5?
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:02:57 GMT
Curator will work fine. There are a few APIs, though, that are 3.4.x only - e.g. Transactions.

====================
Jordan Zimmerman

On Jun 26, 2013, at 11:12 AM, chao chu <chuchao333@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to know if the latest apache curator can work with zookeeper version 3.3.x? I
knew that originally, the netflix one will require zookeeper 3.4.x since 1.1.x (from their
twiki/doc)?

> Due to some restrictions, currently we are using zookeeper 3.3.5 and I am using curator
1.1.9 (I know it's quite outdated). However, I found no problem with at least the LeaderLatch
so far. However, via the github's compare view between 1.1.9 and the 'archive' branch (https://github.com/Netflix/curator/compare/1.1.9...archive),
I did see there are quite a few non-trivial bug fixes to LeaderLatch over the time, so I hope
I would be able to upgrade to the latest curator.