curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Real world usage of the recipe LeaderLatch
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 23:29:22 GMT
Curator is being used at major companies (i.e. Netflix, eBay, etc.). Bugs are quickly fixed
when reported. In particular, LeaderLatch is widely used.

-JZ

On Jun 25, 2013, at 11:03 AM, chao chu <chuchao333@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to use the LeaderLatch to implement Leader Election in my project
and had written some scripts to simulate the situations when the zk ensemble become unstable
due to network problems. It worked well and as expected so far.

> However, by digging into both zookeeper-users and curator-users mailing lists, there
are indeed some bugs/edge cases reported, like
> LeaderLatch bug causing extra znodes appearing in Zookeeper and multiple participants
thought they are leader which worried me about the reliability of this.

> So, my question is that: are there any real world projects are using this recipe which
have proved the quality of it, or are there any other known edge cases or open issues?