curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Cache block on start
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 02:50:34 GMT
Pass BUILD_INITIAL_CACHE for the start mode.

On Jun 10, 2013, at 7:27 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm using a PathChildrenCache for maintaining some state information in my code, including
a listener event. But when I first start up my process it takes a while for the cache to update
(and subsequently the listener events to trigger and populate another cache). Is there a way
to force the cache to build, at start time or otherwise, that will still trigger listener
events? I have no guarantees that the listeners will trigger when I start, so I cannot poll
on that either.