curator-user mailing list archives

From John Vines <vi...@apache.org>
Subject TestingServer randomly dying
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 20:43:54 GMT
I'm slowly adapting my codebase to use Curator, which includes using
TestingServer's in a few places for junit tests. However, I've noticed an
issue with my tests sometimes getting stuck in curator methods,
specifically in the retry. In the output I see repeated Connection refused
messages with occasional ConnectionLossException issues with a full stack
trace. Netstatting shows the junit process no longer has a port bound, nor
am I seeing any signs of life of zookeeper in a jstack. Unfortunately, I
see nothing else in the output to indicate this thread dying.

Is there any knowledge on this issue, either how to prevent it from
happening or at least get a better diagnosis of what is going on? It's
quite sporadic, which makes using this for a unit test quite painful.

Thanks
John