curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: TestingServer randomly dying
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 20:46:17 GMT
I'd need to see the tests to answer better, but make sure that the TestingServer is shutdown
at the end of the test. Look at Curator's tests for good examples.

-JZ

On May 30, 2013, at 1:43 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm slowly adapting my codebase to use Curator, which includes using TestingServer's
in a few places for junit tests. However, I've noticed an issue with my tests sometimes getting
stuck in curator methods, specifically in the retry. In the output I see repeated Connection
refused messages with occasional ConnectionLossException issues with a full stack trace. Netstatting
shows the junit process no longer has a port bound, nor am I seeing any signs of life of zookeeper
in a jstack. Unfortunately, I see nothing else in the output to indicate this thread dying.

> Is there any knowledge on this issue, either how to prevent it from happening or at least
get a better diagnosis of what is going on? It's quite sporadic, which makes using this for
a unit test quite painful.