curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: ConnectionLoss and Retry Policy.
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 18:35:42 GMT
There is a known issue with unstable clusters. It is fixed in 2.0.1-incubating:

	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-24

Please try building 2.0.1 and see how it goes (there will be an official release of it soon).

-Jordan

On May 20, 2013, at 5:24 AM, Ioannis Canellos <iocanel@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using curator version 2.0.0-incubating and even though I am using a retry policy
(usually something like 10 retries with 1 sec delay), I am not always successfully recovering
from a connection loss.

> In many cases I do see the RECONNECTED state change in my logs right after the retry
policy has been exhausted and this makes me think that its possible that something is blocking
the event while retrying.

> Questions:
> i) Could it be caused by long running tasks triggered by a ConnectionStateChangeListener?
> ii) If so, would it help if I passed an executor service along with the listener or I
should have the executor in the listener impl?