curator-user mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Ensemble Provider best practices
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:24:57 GMT
Hi,

I have a case where the ensemble can change (by adding/removing zk servers)
and I wanted to find the best approach on reconfiguring the curator
framework.
It seemed like a good idea to implement my custom ensemble provider, which
would receive updates with the modified connectionString.

This works fine, if I mark the zookeeper client as lost (so that the
framework can pick the updated connection string from the EnsembleProvider).
The problem is that after that the ConnectionStateListeners are not
receiving any events for CONNECTED/RECONNECTED etc.

Is this expected?

Is there any other approach for changing the connection string, without
recreating the CuratorFramework?

Thanks in advance.