curator-user mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ensemble Provider best practices
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:50:45 GMT
After digging more into the problem, I see that the ConnectionStateManager
will propagate the LOST event into the ZooKeeperClient but I fail to see
how it could work the other way around.

Also for that particular use case, I can't restart the framework as it
would wipe the listeners.

What I tried locally and did work for me, was to add a reset() method in
the CuratorFramework that stops/starts the client without restarting the
connection manager (preserving this way the listeners) and propagates
manually a LOST event.

However, I am not sure if this could be a generally accepted solution or
just a workaround the problem.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*