curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Ensemble Provider best practices
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:36:12 GMT
There is a bug either in Curator or ZooKeeper (I believe it's ZK) that causes the connection
to hang and never reset. I'm working on a solution (it will be in the Apache version of Curator).
So, yes, use EnsembleProvider.

On Apr 26, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Ioannis Canellos <iocanel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a case where the ensemble can change (by adding/removing zk servers) and I wanted
to find the best approach on reconfiguring the curator framework.
> It seemed like a good idea to implement my custom ensemble provider, which would receive
updates with the modified connectionString.

> This works fine, if I mark the zookeeper client as lost (so that the framework can pick
the updated connection string from the EnsembleProvider).
> The problem is that after that the ConnectionStateListeners are not receiving any events
for CONNECTED/RECONNECTED etc.

> Is this expected?
>
> Is there any other approach for changing the connection string, without recreating the
CuratorFramework?