curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Unit tests
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2018 13:51:46 GMT
I'll try running tests over the weekend

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 7:49 PM, Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Did you get anywhere with this Jordan?
>
> I've just done a bit of debugging on it, and it seems that when the teardown() method
in the BaseClassForTests method gets called, the close() method on the server instance does
not kill one of the threads. There is a ReaderThread that seems to run indefinitely, and this
appears to cause issues with subsequent tests that run. I don't know when this has started
happening and whether it's something unique to my environment, but it happens consistently,
so after the first test in a suite runs, the second test just hangs when trying to close the
Curator framework.

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 2:47 PM Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie.cam@gmail.com <mailto:mckenzie.cam@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> At the moment that's the first test that's being run for me, and it is actually worse
than just failing, it's hanging indefinitely. Something is not getting cleaned up correctly
it would seem. I haven't done a lot of digging yet as I want to make sure it's not just my
environment first.
> cheers
>
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 2:39 PM Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com <mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>>
wrote:
> It would be good to know which ones consistently fail.
>
>> On Nov 19, 2018, at 10:18 PM, Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie.cam@gmail.com <mailto:mckenzie.cam@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Thanks,
>> Yeah, they've been flaky in the past but would eventually succeed, but now, for me
at least, they're just failing consistently.