curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Refactor Curator for other backends
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 01:48:41 GMT
I know nothing about etcd/raft either. My motivation is more future thinking.

>  It would seem like a pretty large amount of work (essentially
> a complete rewrite)

I think the recipes can be saved. Very little of ZooKeeper is exposed in most of them (other
than the paths). Internally, the Curator Framework stuff could be abstracted. I don’t think
it would be that bad.

> I wonder if we've collectively got enough spare cycles

There’s no rush. It could be done in the background. It might be just you and me unless
someone else steps up. I’m in for it if you are.

-Jordan