curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Can't merge master into 3.0
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 14:46:15 GMT
The error is occurring because of this line in wasDeleted():

client.watches().remove(this).ofType(WatcherType.Any).locally().inBackground().forPath(path);

I believe this is unnecessary as the WatcherRemoveCuratorFramework handles it automatically.
If I remove this line the log errors go away.

-Jordan

> On Feb 3, 2016, at 7:45 PM, Scott Blum <dragonsinth@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> TestTreeCache.testBasics() fails during teardown on CURATOR-3.0 (4e4072b)
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com <mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>>
wrote:
> Scott, do you have a small test that shows this error? I’d really like to fix it and
can’t get a reproducible case.

> -Jordan
>
>> On Feb 1, 2016, at 3:14 PM, Scott Blum <dragonsinth@gmail.com <mailto:dragonsinth@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Alright, I've git bisected it down to a single change that breaks TestTreeCache:
>>
>> WatcherRemovalManager.internalRemove,
>>
>> private synchronized void internalRemove(WrappedWatcher entry)
>> {
>>     namespaceWatcherMap.removeWatcher(entry.watcher);
>>     entries.remove(entry);
>> }
>> The offending line seems to be the namespaceWatcherMap.removeWatcher.  If I comment
out that line, TestTreeCache passes.

>> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Scott Blum <dragonsinth@gmail.com <mailto:dragonsinth@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> I think there may be some general problem, I notice warning messages in the test
logs, like:

>> ERROR org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  Failed to find watcher! [main-SendThread(127.0.0.1:60086
<http://127.0.0.1:60086/>)]
>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoWatcherException: KeeperErrorCode = No such
watcher for /test/one
>> 	at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper$ZKWatchManager.containsWatcher(ZooKeeper.java:377)
>> 	at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper$ZKWatchManager.removeWatcher(ZooKeeper.java:252)
>> 	at org.apache.zookeeper.WatchDeregistration.unregister(WatchDeregistration.java:58)
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Scott Blum <dragonsinth@gmail.com <mailto:dragonsinth@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Actually, it's not a problem with the changes I'm trying to merge in; TestTreeCache
is currently broken on 3.0 branch already.

>> Looks like it broke on revision c6a22ba508f9227fe1c657f93e3cc77d8bc17e3e, which was
a merge from master into 3.0, with some conflict resolution.

>> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com <mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>>
wrote:
>> I can try to merge when I get a chance. At some point, we should move CURATOR-3.0
to master so we don’t have to keep maintaining this.

>> -JZ
>>
>>> On Feb 1, 2016, at 2:38 PM, Scott Blum <dragonsinth@gmail.com <mailto:dragonsinth@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> TestTreeCache fails on 6acf0987125469ecb79ff48ce5e9735a98cd1abb <http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/curator/commit/6acf0987>,
a proposed merge of master into 3.0.

>>> It has something to do with the new watcher stuff, but I haven't been able to
figure out what the problem is, possible because I don't understand the new stuff well enough.
 Any ideas?