curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator version 2.10.0 and 3.1.0, RC2
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 16:39:32 GMT
ZK 3.5 has an odd version numbering scheme. I’ve complained to them. "3.5.1-alpha” is not
really an alpha. Lots of people are using it in Production. The ZK team wants to communicate
that it should be used with caution. There will never be a non-alpha 3.5.1. The next version
will be 3.5.2-alpha, etc. until they’re comfortable to remove the “alpha” tag.

-JZ

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 11:36 AM, David Kesler <DKesler@yodle.com> wrote:
>
> *Nonbinding*
> 2.10.0: +1.  I tested against our internal libraries that use ZK and spot-checked a few
types of our applications and everything looked fine.

> I can't check 3.1.0 since I have issues even running with 3.0.0 and haven't had time
to look into upgrading our stuff to be compatible with it.  While trying to test it, I did
notice that 3.1.0 is pulling in an alpha build of zookeeper (3.5.1-alpha) which seemed kind
of odd.  Not sure if it's intentional or not, but I thought I'd bring it up.