curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: PLEASE REVIEW - Major re-work of Watcher wrappers
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 09:58:38 GMT
No, sorry. The last few lines of the test currently are:

assertEvent(TreeCacheEvent.Type.NODE_REMOVED, "/test/me", "data".getBytes());
assertEvent(TreeCacheEvent.Type.INITIALIZED);

This fails. But, if I switch them it works:

assertEvent(TreeCacheEvent.Type.INITIALIZED);
assertEvent(TreeCacheEvent.Type.NODE_REMOVED, "/test/me", "data".getBytes());

> On Feb 5, 2016, at 2:57 AM, Scott Blum <dragonsinth@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So you end up with 2 initialized events?
>
> You mean this?
>
>          assertEvent(TreeCacheEvent.Type.CONNECTION_RECONNECTED);
> +        assertEvent(TreeCacheEvent.Type.INITIALIZED);
>          assertEvent(TreeCacheEvent.Type.NODE_REMOVED, "/test/me", "data".getBytes());
>          assertEvent(TreeCacheEvent.Type.INITIALIZED);
>
> Seems weird if there are two, but I can help look.
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 10:48 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com <mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>>
wrote:
> Hey Scott,
>
> In this branch, TestTreeCache.testKilledSession() is failing at:
>
>         assertEvent(TreeCacheEvent.Type.NODE_REMOVED, "/test/me", "data".getBytes());
>
> However, if I change the two asserts to:
>
>         assertEvent(TreeCacheEvent.Type.INITIALIZED);
>         assertEvent(TreeCacheEvent.Type.NODE_REMOVED, "/test/me", "data".getBytes());
>
> it works. Does that make any sense?
>
> -Jordan
>
> > On Feb 4, 2016, at 9:23 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com <mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>>
wrote:

> > Devs,
> >
> > In trying to fix the bad log message "Failed to find watcher” (which turns out
to be a ZK client issue), I realize that the NamespaceWatcher and WatcherWrapper stuff could
be improved. I’m still working on getting all tests to pass but I’d appreciate more sets
of eyes on this change. Please review carefully if you can.