curator-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Hill <apa...@nickhill.org>
Subject Re: TreeCache question
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 15:21:51 GMT
Thanks Cameron, Scott,

> I'm not aware of any
> concurrency bugs in TreeCache right now, I don't think I relied on the
> atomic refs for safety.

I guess I wasn't aware in general that atomic refs had a purpose other
than this.

It just seems that not guaranteeing consistency of the stat and data
in the returned ChildData objects restricts the usefulness of the
cache, since you would typically have to get the data/stat again
directly before doing any conditional update to a znode.

Ignoring the less-important suggestion for simplifying ChildData
itself, wouldn't there still be significant value in a simple change
to move the TreeNode data and stat atomic refs into a single ChildData
atomic ref?

Cheers,
Nick