curator-dev mailing list archives

From Cameron McKenzie <cammcken...@apache.org>
Subject LeaderLatch implementation question
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 01:33:28 GMT
Guys,
I was looking at the LeaderLatch implementation while trying to track down
some production issues, and I was wondering why the leader election zNode
is recreated each time a RECONNECTED event occurs (and the existing one is
deleted). Wouldn't it be more efficient to check if the current value in
the 'ourPath' reference exists (and is owned by our session) first?

With the current implementation, it's quite likely that a leadership change
will occur every time a connection is lost, even if it reconnects before
the session is lost. This seems sub optimal, as the change of leader may be
an expensive process.

Maybe I'm missing something?
cheers
Cam