curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: DEVS PLEASE READ: What is the correct timeout for a session
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 04:39:20 GMT
Not sure if this is an issue or not. It's better that Curator declares a
session lost a bit later than a bit earlier than ZK.
Actually, I was thinking it would be better if Curator declares lost before ZK does. The idea
is to wait until the last moment to stop locks, etc. But, users would still want to not have
two processes thinking they own the same lock. I wonder if we need to add a “fudge factor”
of some kind so that Curator fakes the session loss a bit before the negotiated session timeout
elapses.

-JZ