curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject DEVS PLEASE READ: What is the correct timeout for a session
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2015 22:38:13 GMT
Devs,

Given that Curator 3.0 will try to accurately track the session, I realize I’m a bit confused
about when a session actually expires. In the implementation I pushed, a timer starts when Watcher.Event.KeeperState.Disconnected
is seen. Then, if the negotiated session timeout elapses, Curator simulates a session expiration.
However, the timeout is based on the saved time when Disconnected is seen. I’ve been searching
in the ZK code and it’s hard to tell if that’s correct. I’d appreciate a few other eyes
on this. The significant class in ZK is SessionTrackerImpl.java. touchSession() is called
periodically and a kind of priority queue is used to pull out expiring sessions.

Thanks!

-Jordan